See? Didn’t I tell you not to put any money on it?
I’d tell you why this update has been delayed, but you wouldn’t believe me anyway. In order to distract you from gnawing curiousity, allow me to present some nice, shiny What I’m Reading content:
16. The Graveyard Game – Kage Baker
17. The Mote in God’s Eye – Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
18. The Gripping Hand – Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
19. Ethan of Athos – Lois McMaster Bujold
20. The Misenchanted Sword – Lawrence Watt-Evans
And speaking of Lawrence Watt-Evans, you should check out the Spriggan Experiment. Mr. Watt-Evans is writing an entire Ethshar novel and offering it to the general public under a variation of the Street Performer’s Protocol and the Storyteller Bowl. I think of it as a Distributed Patron System, and I think it presents an elegant solution to the problem of compensating creative artists in an era when the enforcement of copyright is becoming an increasingly difficult (if not impossible) task.