The crater is roughly 300 meters across.
Mars Fresh Impact Crater, 17 January 2009. Credit: NASA/JPL/University of Arizona
Direct Action has established their security perimeter with a 1 km diameter (350 meters from the edge of the crater).
MONOFILAMENT SPIMES: These spimes are dropped as “metal marbles” which uncoil to a height of seven feet. Once uncoiled, they’re nothing more than thin, silver threads.
- SENSORS: Monitored by the Sensor AI; 10% chance that the feed is also being monitored by a human.
- HYPERSPECTRAL: +20 Perception modifier (Panopticon, pg. 162)
- INFRARED: With active infrared lighting at night (+10 Perception modifier).
- INFRASOUND: Capable of detect footprints within 20 feet (+30 Perception modifier).
- SNIFFING: Interfacing test to detect the signal; Infosec (-30) to decrypt
- SURPRISE: Infiltration vs. Perception; on success, spot the spimes before being spotted by them. (+10 to Infiltration test if a Perception (-30) test is passed to spot the almost invisible silver stalks.)
- X: The “x” on the map indicates a hole in the spime coverage where a ridge blocks the sight line of the nearest spime.
FLYING SERPENTS: Two flying serpents orbit the security perimeter. These security bots look somewhat similar to a Chinese dragon. They have railguns bolted to their sides, they shoot plasma out of their mouth, and they have a seeker that can pop out of their underbelly.
- TRACKS: When not in response mode, the flying serpents are snaking along the security perimeter. The deep groove of the track they’ve worn is easy to spot and trivial (-30 test) to identify.
- REACTION: If any monofilament spimes go offline, a flying serpent will fly there at top speed (arriving in 1d10 action turns). Both flying serpents will be scrambled as part of a reaction to known intruders.
FLYING SERPENTS: Snake 4/16, Thrust Vector 8/60 (max 200 kph), Armor 16/16, DUR 60, WT 12
+5 COO, +5 SOM, Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced Vision, LIDAR, Neurachem, Oracles, Radar, Radar Absorbent (Panopticon, pg. 149), Structural Reinforcement, T-Ray Emitter
Railgun Assault Rifle (x2): AP -9, DV 2d10+8 – SA, BF, FA – 30 ammo
Plasma Rifle: AP -8, DV 3d10+20 – SA – 10 ammo
Underbarrel Seeker: 3 concussion seekers, 3 EMP seekers
LOCATION ROSTER – CRATER X-91
|Security HQ - Area 1||1 Basic Crater Security||2 Basic Crater Security|
|Security HQ - Area 2||-||2 Basic Crater Security + Sniper|
|Security HQ - Area 3||1d3-1 Basic Crater Security||-|
|Security HQ - Area 4||2 Basic Crater Security||2 Basic Crater Security + Jammer|
|Security HQ - Area 5||2 Basic Crater Security + 2 Snipers||-|
|Security HQ - Area 6||3 Basic Crater Security + Jammer|
|Research Hab - Area 1||-||2 Basic Crater Security|
|Research Hab - Area 3||-||1 Basic Crater Security|
|Research Hab - Area 4||-||1 Basic Crater Security|
|Research Hab - Roof||-||Sniper|
|Security Perimeter||2 Flying Serpents||2 Flying Serpents|
|Security AI||Security HQ||Security HQ|
|Research AI||Research Hab||Research Hab|
|Research AI Fork||Research Spike||Research Spike|
|Sensor AI||Research Spike||Research Spike|
* Basic Crater Security can use the exoskeleton in Security HQ 1, see stat block.
Go to Part 3: Security HQ