ERIC RADOM – NEURALITE CEO
APPEARANCE: A tasteful exalt morph with chocolate brown hair, sharp cheekbones, and a smile of pearls.
- Smooth and controlled.
- Likes a big smile and a firm handshake.
- Deflects specific questions by being a “big picture guy”, but “I’m going to have one of my people get back to you with that information ASAP”.
- Radom was a minor research assistant on the team that helped develop the second generation menton morphs.
- Not a very good scientist, but very good at corporate self-promotion. Ended up as a mid-tier executive on Cognite’s Thought station in Venus orbit after the Fall.
- Hand-picked to lead the Neuralite project, Radom is going to move into the lower ranks of the upper echelons of Cognite (assuming the project is a success).
- He has an ego-cide implant to prevent being captured or interrogated. He has no cortical stack, but instead backs up to a Cognite facility using an ego bridge in his apartment once per week.
- If questioned about the connection between Cognite and Neuralite, Radom will play it down: He purchased technology Cognite was planning to abandon and independently founded Neuralite in order to capitalize on it. (He may even suggest that anything shady about the situation is the result of him ripping Cognite off; “but sometimes the little guy needs an edge, right?”)
LAURA PANNA – NEURALITE CEO
APPEARANCE: A sylph morph whose elegant features are distractingly marred by the deep lines of worry that have been etched into its forehead.
- Bubbly. Constantly wanting to be liked.
- Smiles and cocks her head to one side whenever she’s confused.
- Laura is something of a patsy. She is hopelessly naïve about what Neuralite is actually doing.
LYSANDER VANGELIS – NEURALITE HEAD RESEARCHER
APPEARANCE: An ostentatious menton morph, featuring the attractively bulbous forehead modifications which were popular about five years before the Fall. His skin is a glistening, gleaming silver that seems to pool the light of the room.
- Huge enthusiasm for his research. This can rapidly devolve in to “mad scientist”.
- Initially opening and welcoming, but quickly dismissive of anyone who reveals themselves to be foolish or stupid.
- Scratches the back of his head with both hands when particularly worked up.
- Official cover story is that Lysander was “stolen away” from Cognite by the upstart Neuralite. (In reality, he’s simply continuing work he started at Cognite.)
- Vangelis has been experimenting with the psi-epsilon opener. It’s granted him several psi sleights, but has also frayed his sanity to the breaking point.
- Vangelis is on the brink of utter madness. Over the course of the scenario he will deteriorate rapidly (particularly if put under any stress).
- Maintains a copy of himself in his ghostrider module to assist himself in his research.
Skills: Academics: Biology 80, Academics: Genetics 80, Academics: Nanotechnology 70, Art: Bodysculpting 50, Beam Weapons 50, Control 50, Deception 30, Fray 40, Free Fall 55, Hardware: Aerospace 50, Interests: Black Market Drugs 50, Interests: Genetics Research 70, Interests: Morph Designs 65, Interfacing 30, Kinesics 40, Language: Native Arabic 90, Language: English 45, Medicine: General Practice 65, Medicine: Gene Therapy 75, Medicine: Nanomedicine 70, Medicine: Trauma Surgery 60, Networking: Criminal 35, Networking: Hypercorp 45, Networking: Scientists: 55, Perception 50, Pilot: Spacecraft 25, Profession: Lab Technician 60, Profession: Medical Care 65, Programming 70, Psi Assault 50, Psychosurgery 60, Research 55, Scrounging 55, Sense 40
Implants: Access Jacks, Basic Biomods, Basic Mesh Inserts, Circadian Regulation, Cortical Stack, Eidetic Memory, Ghostrider Module, HyperLinguist, Math Boost, Medichines, Multi-Tasking
Gear: Backup Insurance, Dr. Bot, Drive (5 doses), Ego Bridge, Fabber, Frequency (2 doses), Guardian Angel Bot, Muse, Nanobandages
Psi Sleights: Instinct, Pattern Recognition, Penetration
Armor: Armor Clothing (3/4)
Ranged: Stunner 50 (DV 1d10 ÷ 2, shock – SA – 200 shots)
Psi: Decerebration 50 (EP, pg. 371)
Psi: Onslaught 50 (EP, pg. 371)
CONWAY FEREN – NEURALITE CHIEF SECURITY SPECIALIST
Conway can be used to bump up the difficulty of any encounter with Neuralite security personnel.
Skills: Academics: Astronomy 40, Academics: Engineering 35, Art: Writing 30, Beam Weapons 50, Blades 45, Climbing 75, Demolitions 35, Fray 55, Free Fall 65, Freerunning 45, Hardware: Aerospace 50, Hardware: Robotics 50, Infiltration 30, Interests: Brinker Groups 60, Interests: Esoteric Muslim Traditions 40, Interests: Habitat Infrastructure 50, Interests: Outer System Habitats 50, Interests: Scum Black Markets 45, Interfacing 25, Kinesics 45, Kinetic Weapons 55, Language: Native Arabic 85, Language: English 35, Language: Spanish 30, Medicine: First Aid 45, Navigation 55, Perception 50, Persuasion 30, Pilot: Spacecraft 55, Profession: Security Procedures 60, Protocol 30, Research 35, Scrounging 45, Unarmed Combat 65
Implants: Basic Biomods, Basic Mesh Inserts, Cortical Stack, Grip Pads (+30 Climbing included in stats), Oxygen Reserve
Mobility: Walker (4/20), prehensile feet
Armor: Body Armor (10/10)
Ranged: Medium Kinetic Pistol 55 (AP -2, DV 2d10+2 – 100 shots)